Hey, better a little rudeness than wrong information.

I really have to disagree. I have had the discussion of "we don't need engineers to do stress anymore, we have Caesar". The point is that someone who doesn't understand the code should not be doing stress ON HIS OR HER OWN. So the problem isn't so much people need to start somewhere as they need to start working with people who have a clue.

The hard part of stress for most people is not running Ceasar, the hard part is doing it correctly.

Shannon
who didn't used to think she was old and bitter, but is beginning to wonder

Originally Posted By: nadyesz
I think it is not fare to be rude to somebody that asks a common question (if it is a common question, may be COADE should make an effort to further clarify its "code stress" concept in the manuals). I disagree with the idea that you should not use CAESAR unless you are an expert in code specifications. There are many engineers around that just need understanding materials behaviour or stress analysis, and not necesarily are familiar with code rulings or, worst, with the somehow obscure (for the beginner, of course) "code stress" concept that CAESAR uses everywhere.