I am designing a Piping system which connects the Turbine exhaust to ACC. Below the turbine exhaust i designed an In-Line Pressure balanced Expansion joint.

The pipe size & Expansion joint size is 1400 diameter and 10 thk. The EJ (Expansion Joint ) weight is 5000 Kg.

I have designed one anchor point at top of EJ approxmately 2000mm ie., turbine exhaust nozzle.

Another anchor point i have fixed 1500mm from the bottom of expansion joint.

I analysed the system, & i got nearly 3000kg weight is acting on the turbine exhaust because of expansion joint weight, it is not allowable as per TG Supplier exhaust nozzle forces and moments.

Then i asked the EJ Supplier - Since the weight of bellow my system is getting failed...for that he said since anchor point is fixed at the bottom of the EJ, the weight of EJ would come only on bottom anchor & it wont come on Turbine nozzle on both operatiing and sustained case. So he asked me to consider 0(Zero) Weight for expansion joint while doing stress analysis, i analysed as like he said & i got values within allowable.

Is it correct what my supplier said..shall i proceed as my supplier point of view.