Hi,
When calculating anchor under a "classical standpoint" in a change of direction, someone should use the formulation R=2xPxAxsin(alpha/2), being P the pressure, A the internal pipe area and alpha the angle between the pipes. This formulation causes large anchors to be built. However, a simmilar analysis using Caesar in a change of direction causes that sometimes the resulting force R might be neglected.
Of course, a first explanation is obtained by considering the flexibility of the system, allowing displacement of it. But, the differences between one approach and another are so huge (for instance 550 thousands pounds and 22 thousands pounds) that makes me doubt whether Caesar considers all of the variables that it should for a problem like this or I am modeling correctly. Even more, only considering temperature expansion (Load Case Ope=W+P+T or Exp=L1-L2) causes huge forces, but never considering only pressure (Load Case Sus=W+P).

May somebody help me to clear up this issue???. (Maybe recommending/sending me a simple example that obtains forces more or less the same that of those obtained under the "classical approach").
I would appreciate your help.

Patricio Alvarez
Santiago of Chile.