Dear Expert,

I am working with vibration issue in existing vertical degassing boot vessel, crude inlet piping and vapour gas outlet piping. Please note that the existing crude inlet piping supports (Guide, limit stop and U-clamp support) are damaged due to vibration caused by (Two phase flow) slug. Since these areas are weak points.

Kindly refer the attached schematic drawing for the existing degassing boot crude inlet line and vapour outlet piping arrangement connecting on top of tank.

Here i have observed that the entire vertical degassing boot vessel, crude inlet piping (Three raisers with one single nozzle) and vapour outlet piping is under critical vibration. The degassing boot/tank bottom ends are fixed independently with heavy anchor bolts and foundations,
The boot height is around 18 meters from the ground level. I have noted the vibration at site, whenever slug passing to degassing boot, the entire setup is vibrating. Hence the vessel is flexible and allowing to move here and there (No support restrain for boot vessel, except bottom anchor of vessel), also the vibration is transfer to vapour outlet piping.

Kindly advise how to stop the entire vibration with below options,

1. Degassing boot vessel shall be supported properly with
intermittent guide arrangement or.

2. Crude inlet piping and vapour outlet piping shall be supported properly with additional guide,
limit stops and hold-down supports.

Please share your experience and explore more passible solution to move forward.

By
Rajivgandhi

Attachments
attachment.PNG