Originally Posted By: danb
of course if Coade want to be more specific in the material database, even if the allowable is the same, they can do this easy, I think.
It is always preferable that the database is the Coade one even it can be modified / edited by everyone. Editing the database may be quite questionable sometimes, if some values are altered and system pass when it shouldn't (without intention of course smile ).

I know what you mean, I have had to review models where the warning appears that the values are different from the database when I open them, sometimes it is an indicator that the data has been manipulated or sometimes it is when you run in an updated version of the CII and possibly it is a change for the code, but when you do not have the .CAESAR II file, anyone can modify the permissible ones and you would hardly notice if you do not do a very detailed review, maybe it would be a good idea to lock the materials already loaded in the database and only allow adding new ones with an indicator in the name that allows differentiating those that are loaded manually by the user from those in the database.