Hi Ed and Mich,

Thank you for your reply. Since I am working for operator company, people don't like the idea of replacing the pipe and it is also not an easy process. It has to go through a very long process and approvals.

The pipe supports got displaced because of some sort of slug event. Some rapid dumping to a drum via this header happened. During dumping the line faced slug forces which has caused the pipe to displace/move away from its supports. Since the pipe is not a continuous op line, the pipe was in displaced state even when it was not operating. This doesn't mean that the system has deformed.

I am curious on how to simulate the model if the pipe is bent or displaced.
Lets assume the piece of pipe is bent because of slug load for 50mm, which means pipe support is offset from bottom of pipe by 50mm. Should I model this as pipe with restraint and a cnode with 50mm displacement. Or simply remove restraint and enter 50mm displacement or simply remove the restrain and consider the pipe as unsupported. If I consider pipe with Cnode and enter the displacement, That is not true as there is no restraint at that point. At the same time if simply remove the support, the model will consider the pipe is straight which is actually not true. I am kind of trying to figure out a more realistic simulation.