I captured quite a few tables into electronic format. Then I had to check all of those values. I used the data to create graphs for checking purposes. In some cases these graphs differ quite a bit. Basically tables do not capture the points in correct spots to get the same graph shape. There are also other differences as you point out below.

I had a look into the metric edition. There are some rounding issues like between the allowable stresses in imperial and metric editions.

I did contact the software supplier. They are still of the opinion that at temperatures below 300 F irrespective of A value Step 7 formula is to be used. I will try to get an opinion from ASME engineers.

Originally Posted By: mariog

By the way, for such cases ("A" is to the left of graph) is strange (but not wrong) that the Table CS-2 and Figure CS-2 starts in different points. Table says A=0.176*10^(-4) and B=250 psi and graph starts with 0.000176 and 2500 psi.
Both pairs are "correct" (in the limit of work approximation), just graph is more truncated than the table.

Jouko
jouko@jat.co.za