really interesting response but still not clear to me.
i needed to confirm to vendor that pump flange load is below vendor max load, so the question was born "what is the real flange load if there is an EJ?"

(note: yes, my line is a GRP one but doesn't matter, is a general question valid also for metal pipes)

if i well understood, actually, using classic load case W+P1+T1, the caesar load on a pump flange node is the sum of two loads:

1)line fluid pressure load based on the ID of the pipe (that really should act on the back of the pump housing and not on pump flange)

2)EJ thrust based on the differential of the effective XJ area and the inside area of the pipe (that really should act on flange)

The flange should "see" only the load 2) but caesar result give a total load 1)+2). is right?

[moreover the "effective ID" data in EJ caesar panel is the force 1) plus a bit more due to part of EJ inner surfaces.]

so if i look at caesar result, the load on flange node is different from the real one due to presence of load 1)

Using the classic operating loads "W+P1+T1" the effective load on flange is "obfuscated" by presence of load 1) that will non act on flange, will not give load on flange but will be carried by the back of the pump housing.

actually i used operating load "W+P1+T1" but in this way i really don't know the real flange load and i can't check the vendor max loads.

So to calcuate the REAL flange load have i to take the flange caesar load and subtract by hand the load 1) that is P1*S where S=area of ID of the pipe, is it right?

---------

OTHERWISE:
i had another idea:
on pump flange node i can insert a Cnode anchor and insert on it a force equal to -P1*S (having opposite direction to direction from EJ to flange)? in this way i subctract the force that act on the back of the pump housing. So caesar flange node give only the real flange load, without the force acting on act on the back of the pump housing.
is it possible to work in this way?

---------
About the additional load case "W+P1+T1+F1"
where:

P1=the load based on the ID of the pipe, located on the back wall of the pump housing (or on the impeller), there is a similar load upstream of the XJ, probably on a bend.

F1=the differential of the effective XJ area and the inside area of the pipe applied on either end of the XJ

but... adding this "F1" i have to delete the "effective ID" data by EJ caesar panel? otherwise i will have an EJ double effect, one by the "effective ID" data and another by the F1 force. Is right?

thank you for you patience, this argument is driving me crazy smile

Edited by vermaccio (12/19/18 04:06 AM)