Hello,

Based from my experience, for reciprocating machines you need to coordinate with the pulsation consultant. Normally, the pulsation study if up to a large volume like a vessel (but of course not the pulsation bottle because after pulsation bottle there are still some pressure pulsations that can be transferred to piping).

They normally will give you some criteria regarding what frequency cut-off you need to run a modal analysis (e.g. 1.2 times the 2nd harmonic of the compressor speed). In this case, once they run their pulsation analysis, minimal changes are required such as adding orifice to minimize pressure pulsation to acceptable level. They would give you also dynamic forces which must be restrained by hold-down type of support and must be tightened enough to create a restraining force greater than the dynamic force.

Also T-Post type of support is not recommended, as much as possible run the pipe at grade. You need to inform Civil group also to design a support with a frequency higher than the cut-off frequency to avoid resonance also. I think a sleeper type of support works best. But if unavoidable, need to design a support with enough stiffness.

Any other opinion is highly appreciated. Just correct me if I have some wrong statements.

Cheers,