Hi all,

This is my first post related to PIPE STRESS ANALYSIS. I'm a beginner in pipe stress analysis and got a query related to replicating an arrangement used for pipe expansion in CAESAR.

I've a pipe which is connected to an equipment having vertical (downward) expansion. To accommodate the vertical expansion, a horizontal pipe arrangement is used before the vertical pipe which will convert the vertical movement of the pipe into horizontal movement (preset-ed telescopic kind or of a bell & spigot kind of joint - as the vertical pipe moves downwards, the preseted horizontal portion moves down with telescopic movement in the horizontal pipe, thereby relaxing the preseted pipe by moving inside the bell joint). Telescopic movement is provided at both ends of the horizontal pipe arrangement used before the vertical pipe; both ends can have axial movement when the vertical pipe is coming down. The first end of the horizontal pipe have rotational flexibility of upto 4 degrees. Pipe size is 20 inch.

Attached is a sketch of the pipe with displacements.

Can any one please guide me as to how I can replicate this thing in Caesar?

Attachments
PIPE EXPANSION DIAGRAM.pdf (367 downloads)