Hi Michael,
Greeting to u,right now,I am making a tank nozzle check by means of API 650-P in 'office excel',i need calculate 'Axial stiffness KR','longitudinal sitffness KL','Circumferential siffness Kc',they are figured out by parameter'KR/E(2a),KL/E(2a)3,Kc/E(2a)3',then i need to check Figure P.2a which ralated to parameter 'a/R' and 'R/t'.The parameter I calculate a/R=0.008 and R/t=1180,the curve a/R=0.008 is between curve a/R=0.02 and a/R=0.005,but I am hard to find where is the accurate loacation for curve a/R=0.008,it is too indistinct to choose this curve,thus I think when i choose the value only by my visual,it will produce a big error for my calculation.
The another way, i input the basic tank and nozzle datas in Caesar II,and it automaticlly calculate, i find the output for 'Axial stiffness KR','longitudinal sitffness KL','Circumferential siffness Kc' are different from the values which i calculate by excel tool.
I conclude the method i choose 'KR/E(2a),KL/E(2a)3,Kc/E(2a)3'is different from Caesar II default method.
So that,what the method of Caesar II to choose these parameter?it is also relyed on the picture P.2a-l,P.4a and P.4b in API 650-P? I guess these pictures will be converted into equal equations in Caesar II software,thus it can avoid big error by visual deviation.
I am looking forward to your reply,tks a lot.