Good day everyone,

Does anyone know how to adjust the way caesar calculates the weight for a RFxRF valve?

BACKSTORY:
I have been fiddling with the Caesar specs in order to update the valve weights and sizes recently. I work for on large diameter pipelines and needed to include up to 48" pipe in my database. While I was at it, I began to look into the FLG vs NO FLG end types in the valve & flange database and noticed that the way caesar determines the weight of a valve when using FLG end type only works for RFxRF valves.

Caesar simply takes the weight of two flanges and adds them to the weight of the valve. This is not the same as a RFxRF valve, neither the weight nor the length. I have tried looking into setting up the database to input a WExWE valve when selecting the NO FLG end type, and inputing a RFxRF valve when selecting the FLG end type, but have thus far been unsuccessful.

Does anyone know a way to edit where caesar takes the values for FLG end type from? I thought you could edit the BAL_F file in LIB_I to have different flange sizes to tweak the lengths and weight, but caesar doesn't take the weight for flanges from that file, it takes it from the FLG_F file, which is raised face flanges.

My goal for all of this is to set up a database which includes all pipe and valve sizes and configurations so that our office will be using the same set of information for every project instead of manually inputting every value for every rigid body.