Someone mentioned using RPS as a vendor for FRP and conducting stress analysis on their piping. My company completed a large job last year in which I conducted stress analysis of over 100 RPS FRP lines. Their documentation explaining all areas of their FRP is very well written and they have great customer support from a stress analyst POV.

One thing that was surprising to me however is that they recommend completing stress analysis on their FRP using B31.3 code. They provide all of the necessary properties including the allowable stresses and also documentation to show a safety factor of 6 (if memory is correct) in their design.

Ultimately, the vendor should know best what to do with their pipe. So as others have stated, figure out what information is needed to do your stress analysis and make sure to receive all of it from the vendor before starting any work. If it is a large job, put off the FRP in the beginning to make sure you can wrap your brain around everything from the vendor and give yourself time to communicate back and forth. I'm a few weeks into this process right now with a different vendor and it can be tedious. Especially if there is a language barrier.

Dmitriy