Hi Frens,

We are working on a 3" & 6" reactor lines connected at the topmost section of reactor that is almost at 100 meters height from the grade level. The lines needs constant support hangers at almost all locations on the platform (control station), so as to absorb the huge differential displacement between reactor & support structure. Note, there is an independent structure for the reactor & platform & it is no where connected to reactor. Hence, differential displacements.
The vertical displacement at constant spring supports is around +575 to +595 mm (vertically up) and operating loads is in the range of 2KN to 3.5KN maximum. We checked with almost all the spring vendors, no constant spring is available with this displacements values for the given loads (very less loads). Vendors suggest that we need higher loads atleast in range of 10 - 20KN for which they can design the spring for the given thermal displacements.
Can you please guide me the alternate supporting arrangement, where we can allow the thermal displacement upto 600mm & where loads at support location can be upto 3.5 - 5 KN range.

I have attached the Caesar II file (ver 2013 R1)& also the snapshot of the piping arrangement so as to have the better understanding of the problem.

Request you to provide an alternate solution (support type/supporting arrangement)for the constant springs.

One option which I came across is the counterweight balance arrangement mostly used in radiation & crossover section of SRT heaters. However, I dont have any idea on it. Incase, anyone has any idea, please share.

Thanks in advance for the time & efforts spent on the above.

Attachments
Reactor Lines @ Topmost Section.png

Reactor Lines Overall view.png

CN-043-002_A.C2 (291 downloads)