Quote:
Originally posted by ogarcia:
Hello Everyone.

This is the first time Im evaluating a flare stack.
[b]-Get good local guidance from a source who is used to doing these

The flare line is a 48 in (cold flare), with design temperatures -160 °C and +80 °C.
The flare stack (48 in also) has very high temperatures ( has it should be) , according to System and process division it has more than 400 °C . How to evaluate this?.

The transition from -160 to +400 suggests something complex is going on, a typical analysis would be unusual. The low temperature on such a large line is interesting.

If I do the simple (Typical) analysis and simulate the flare line at the end has an anchor, I get enormous loads. Should I send these loads to the flare stack vendor? Is this enough?.

This is odd. The vendor should be telling YOU
What is good. Normally, battery limits are furnished with an anchor.

I did another approach (that is, the one I think is better ) , I simulated the flare line and the junction with the flare stack has a welding tee ( I have a very preliminary vendor drawings ) . The flare stack has 100 mts, I just simulated 15 mts height, because I don't want to have problems in the sustained case and I think that is enough. The last support I located it is very far of the flare stack, it's located in an equilibrium point where I don't get trouble between the sustained case and the expansion case at the TEE. But I think the pipe span is too long and still I'm getting very high stress in the tee ( I have never seen a flare stack with sprigs at the very last support). I imagine the flare stack thickness is much thicker than my pipe, so maybe I won't have any trouble. Is any code that should I apply to this problem???. Is the Vendor of the flare stack who should evaluate this?

This sound nuts.
1. Vendors equipment therefore vendors responsibillity
2.Why are you not modelling the design accuratly?
3.If you are not aware of applicable codes, then this is your first analysis of a stack and you MUST have it checked by ANother

Any Hint ????

Thanks to all.
Ogarcia. [/b]
Sorry if i sounded flippant in the first few posts.
I'm by no means an expert, but like a wise man once said. only a fool thinks he knows all.

Please have your final findings checked .

Tim