Hello Everyone.

This is the first time I’m evaluating a flare stack. The flare line is a 48 in (cold flare), with design temperatures -160 °C and +80 °C.
The flare stack (48 in also) has very high temperatures ( has it should be) , according to System and process division it has more than 400 °C . How to evaluate this?.

If I do the simple (Typical) analysis and simulate the flare line at the end has an anchor, I get enormous loads. Should I send these loads to the flare stack vendor? Is this enough?.

I did another approach (that is, the one I think is better ) , I simulated the flare line and the junction with the flare stack has a welding tee ( I have a very preliminary vendor drawings ) . The flare stack has 100 mts, I just simulated 15 mts height, because I don’t want to have problems in the sustained case and I think that is enough. The last support I located it is very far of the flare stack, it’s located in an equilibrium point where I don’t get trouble between the sustained case and the expansion case at the TEE. But I think the pipe span is too long and still I’m getting very high stress in the tee ( I have never seen a flare stack with sprigs at the very last support). I imagine the flare stack thickness is much thicker than my pipe, so maybe I won’t have any trouble. Is any code that should I apply to this problem???. Is the Vendor of the flare stack who should evaluate this?

Any Hint ????

Thanks to all.
Ogarcia.
How to Evaluate a Flare stack?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 12/31/69 06:00 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.