Hi:

Please note that significant changes have been made to optimize the CAESAR II ISOGEN interface since version 5.00, notably versions 05.31 and after.

I'm suspecting the error may result from an ISOGEN DLL conflict, since you indicate not having any problems until recently. You may have installed or made changes/updates to other software which uses shared ISOGEN DLLs, affecting the ISOGEN functionality for older CAESAR II versions.

To eliminate most issues associated with possible DLL conflicts, you will need to install a standalone version of I-Configure (I-Configure2909) available on Intergraph SmartSupport under “Download Software Updates > Products > CAESAR II > Service Packs and Fixes”. If you are running Windows 7, make sure that the I-Configure2909.exe compatibility mode is set to Windows XP as per the ReadMe instructions posted alongside the I-Configure download. If prompted to overwrite any existing I-Configure files during the installation, please make sure to do so.

Non-US customers will need to contact their reseller to obtain access to the SmartSupport downloads.

Once the above install is complete, if the issue persists, it may be due to a DLL version conflicts between the ProjectManager.dll file version located in the CAESAR II installation folder and the ProjectManager.dll file located in the I-Configure “Common Files” folder (“C:\Program Files\Common Files\Alias\” on 32-bit machines or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Alias\” on 64-bit machines ). Should you find that the version of these two ProjectManager.dll file copies does not match, then you can copy the latest version of ProjectManager.dll found to both locations and run the isometric generation process again to verify results.