Dear all,

I've recently been reading code book, B31.1_2012, and out of the blue I'd feeling that I'd caught a glipmse of a guidline of which support we need to use when the thermal expansion exceed 100mm(4""). From my unclear memory it was sliding support or rigid support, but then again I suspect that it could be just a rule of thumb or company's regulation. Like my senior said, when horizontal thermal displacement above 3"" we need to check the interference to another line and don't use two anchors at a single straight line unless it has loop.

So, here is my question. Does B31.1 have any specific advice or regulation about thermal expansion and which support should we use at any particular situation?

It'd be helpful if there's any reply on this topic.

Thank you for reading,
Wish you have a good one.
Kind regards,