(updated below)

I have a file compatibility question concerning PipingDesignOnline's Pipe Stress Analysis Training. I am in contact with Anthony Horn about the issue, but I believe that ultimately the answer will hinge upon technical compatibility issues that can best be resolved in this forum.

The simple question is how I can get the course 6.00 files to work on my Caesar 2011 (5.30)? The short answer is that I can't. But I'm hoping there's a better, longer answer.

At minimum, I would need to convert or re-enter by hand the three C 2 files that are included in the training pack. But once I convert/create that C 2 5.30 file, I wonder if the cfg files are compatible, the hed files, etc?

The long question:
In order for me to capture all the pertinent data, would it be sufficient to reconstitute/re-input the 6.00 C 2 file in 5.30? What about Caesar's customary shotgun-blast of little datafiles? Can I just copy those 6.00 files (minus the C 2 files) into a folder with the new 5.30 C 2 files?

(The training file directory filenames and extensions are listed below).

C 2.HPL
CADWorx_Export_Final_Dimensioned Model.pdf
caesar.cfg
COEF
COMNDINP
CONTROLU
DBGENBIN
dir.txt
expjt.hed
EXPORT_DUMMY_LEG_EXAMPLE.C 2
EXPORT_INITIAL.C 2
EXPORT_REV_3.C 2
FREESTIF
frp.hed
MCONTROLU
OCONTROLU
RESTR
valve.hed
Vessel Measurements.pdf

UPDATE:
After getting elbows-deep in "compatible" wordsearches on this forum, I can see that this is related to a much discussed topic. So I'll emphasize what I think are the new/pertinent questions:

Are 6.00 cfg and hed files compatible with 5.30? How about the other files that are not "C 2"? If not, do the release notes detail the differences/changes represented in these miscellaneous files?

What new/different information is embodied in the 6.00 C 2 file that is not included in 5.30? Is this detailed in the release notes for 6.00?

Edited by Mattatwork (01/28/14 01:21 PM)