I have tried to resolve our printing issue with COADE via email, with absolutely NO success. I was working the problem with Loren Brown and exhausted his knowledge base for this subject, and he suggested I contact David Little. I have emailed him the problem and have heard NOTHING in response.

To refresh your memory, when printing output reports the "end" of the report is cut off. The end of the report ranges anywhere from the last line to the last several pages. Not everyone has this problem, and not all the time.

I have been told the standard response of "It's not a CAESAR problem". If so, prove it to me. Everything we've tried so far (changing settings on the network printer and using a local printer) hasn't worked.

I figured my last resort was to air my grievance where every other CAESAR user could see it. We've been dealing with this for many months. The earliest record I have of it is October 11, 2001, and I know that was the second time we tried to solve this problem. Chances are this has been lingering around since mid-summer of 2001.

If anyone else out there has this problem and has any ideas how to solve it, please post it here.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: rhavard ]