Hello all!.

Let me please re-activate this topic...,

I always use the non-linear capabilities of caesar with the +y supports, gaps (where it should be..), friction of course.. and also use the "hot sustained case". But after an intense-debating with a work mate a question travel inside my head...,

He's always using "Y" supports instead of "+Y", ( also in truly +y resting points.., for example racks..), just because he claims that with this manner, he jump over the well knowed convergence issue..., etc..., he's introducing "linearity", but still uses non-linearity such friction, gaps, etc...; He's trying to change my mind over my way of modeling ( using "Y" only when it's realy a "Y" and "+Y" when it must be "+Y") but both of us haven´t the right argument to persuade each other..,

Here's my question: if the system really don't have lift-off issues, all the supports have neg. vertical forces.., both of us are using friction, maybe gaps, and other non-linearities except the "+y" ( in my case..) or always "Y" in my work mate case??, does any of the two system have any vantages / benefits ????, i truly think that using, as far as we can, the non-linearities, we always are near the real world. But in that specific case where +Y of one analysis and Y of the other same analysis are supporting negatives forces..., what are the benefits?? Maybe is more a "good practice matter" to help preventing problems or understandig in any other pipe systems with lift-off issues, etc???.

Thank you in advance.