Dear Friends

I work on a compressor that its allowable nozzle loads is too less and I can’t meet calculated load with them. Its worst component is moment around the Y axes and it is due to the secondary (displacement driven) load that generates due to pipe rout expansion along Z (in –Z direction). Please note that its operating pressure is 42 bars and its operating temperature is -120 C. Also note that I have tried a lot of work on this case but I couldn’t meet that. Finally I used a spring support horizontally in mentioned elbow in picture that can produce load in direction +Z and decrease moment around Y axes. But one of my colleges said me such as spring hanger isn’t real and we cannot use any spring support horizontally. I showed him type 20 from LISEGA catalogue as Angulated Spring Support but he didn’t convince.
Another thing that I want to know is that how can I model a horizontally spring support. I modeled it by using +ZROD with Fi= 61 KN as clod load and stiff= 533.3 N/mm as spring rate. Is it correct?
And last thing can I use Sway Brace or Rigid Strut instead of that?
I’m waiting for your answer and I was wondering if someone helps me.

Attachments
147-PR-10-FINAL.JPG