I am using the new version for the last two weeks and must say that new capabilities are rather impressive, especially building of the model from the graphic model, custom made output reports and the Isogen.
Working through, I came across few issues and few requirements for "nice to have(s)":
1. No code stress check is processed for hydrotest case???
2. Sometimes funny things happen in Isogen. The line connecting to the eccentric reducers appears with an offsets (slope) instead of the eccentric reducer. Also the hanger rod appears as two nozzles in opposite direction to each other (one above and one below the pipe). I do not know how to control or fix problems like these. I am using Bentley view and not much I can do from here. I could get a CAD program installed if that would resolve the problems like this, but would rather first hear from you if that is the only solution.
3. Where do we enter information that is to appear on the default (existing) Isometric’s title block created by Isogen? Can it be done from Isogen, or it has to be done from the CAD software?
4. It would be nice to have the option to display ONLY node names (specified in the input) in the graphic model, by a click of a button. Presently this is possible only in the Isogen, but with many more clicks then one, as all node names have to be re-typed under "user annotations".
5. It would be nice to be able to scroll with the mouse wheel in the classic output reports
6. It would be nice to have copy and paste capabilities in Isogen (for "user annotations" for example)
7. In the version 5.00 classic piping input, when we double click on, for example, the restrain (or displacement, or forces, or SIFs, etc.) field, I expect that the cursor is automatically at the node input field and we can type the node number straight away. That is how it was in the previous versions. Now, the cursor is nowhere to be seen, so we first have to move mouse to the node field and do one extra mouse click! I know, this sounds like a very small problem, but can you please fix it. It would save lots of clicking and mouse manipulation and provide better continuity in input work.
8. And finally, I already asked in few instances if it is possible to include different densities in one model. A density is often related to a temperature so if multiple temperature / density pairs are considered, presently, separate Caesar files have to be created. This is a major waste of time when for any small change each of these files has to be updated. Is there major obstacle for this feature to be implemented?
I am looking forward for your comments.
Ranka