This is a follow-up question:

I followed both steps 3a and 3b in my system and the calculated hot sustained stresses are the same? Both failed with the same percentage. But it failed at a point that in my opinion should have not failed.
Imagine this system: A vertical 24" steam pipe at 399^C with base support, then a bend, then a horizontal pipe to the EAST, then another bend, then a horizontal pipe to the west with 3 vertical supports and 2 guides, On this horizontal pipe there are 3 PSV's connected by a weldolet. The 2 supports lifted up during operation and so I checked the hot sustained, I was surprized to see that the system failed at the weldolets. I placed nodes near the weldolets but those are not failing.
To add more...the PSVs discharged to the atmosphere and the vent pipe is guided all-around.
When I removed the guides of the pipe vent the system becomes OK.
I noticed that the weldolet is failing during the HOT SUS case because the guides of the pipe vent are restricting the downward-east movement of the PSV piping during W+P case (using step 3b).
This is a case where guides affect the hot sus stress output. Is it OK to remove guides just for hotsus check ?