In pump ( Horizontal )discharge nozzle of size 14" where line size is 24" we have use tied expansion bellow. Bellow connected with nozzle , after bellow there is reducer, valve some spool piece & elbow towards vertical ,which is connected fiting to fiting +1000mm spool piece with 40" header.There are three pump in series.

In this case there was huge nozzle axial load & moment.Operating temp is 29 deg & design temp is 65 deg.
I have check with two tied expansion bellow (with 2 tie rod unit )one in pump nozzle & other in vertical position between header & elbow, in that case nozzle load is within accepted limit.

This project was a copy of previous project ( In which plant is running well ) where only one tied bellow was used for each pump nozzle.

I have seen documents of another previous project of very big size pump nozzle where tied expansion bellow is used in pump nozzle & after reducer they put Limit stop. I do not understand how they manage with axial load on pump nozzle. Here also plant is running well.

Any suggestion how to manage pump nozzle load.

Thanks & Regards

Habib