Dear all,

It’s my 1st time in your discussion forum. It’s truly amazing the huge amount of topics you have covered here. Reading those topics by itself can such a great training course!

I have been going thru the topics for the past couple of hours looking for one that explains the terms that is shown in the “Incore Solver” when you press F2 “Single Step Thru Restraints”. I mean the terms that explains the status of the non-converging restraints. For example you would see something like this

Node: 10 DIR: 0.000 -1.000 0.000
OLD STATE OPEN NEG NOT SLIDING
NEW STATE CLOSED POS SLIDING ERR=***

What is the meaning of each term shown in my example? I might be missing some term, if you know other ones please include them in your explanation?

I have some basic knowledge on how to solve non-convergence problems based on the information you can get from pressing F2 at the Incore Solver, but it’s not enough in solving all the convergence problems that I face. Would anyone please provide me with a guideline on how to solve the different types of convergence problems (due to the different causes) using the information obtained from F2 function?