Hi Memebers,

This is very good debate topic relating to the new generation with computer calculation and old generation with manual calculation. I am a new generation (23 yrs) but I’ll support for old generation because of the following reasons,

(Please note that the following reasons are not for all new generations).

Drawbacks of new generation:

1. Piping engineering study is not available in school or collages, we can learn only based on our experience, available case studies etc.
2. Fast moving world, no time to think and work.
3. Rarely find experienced person in a concern to guide us.
4. Life is money, money get work and time, no time to think and work.
5. In spite of intelligent work, we work cleverly.
6. The fact suits to our topic "one time writing is equal to ten times learning by voice." Now days we don’t find time to solve the problem manually because of the readily available computer program, so not using our brain effectively.
7. Invention of computer programs made the new generation to become sluggish. I am not criticizing the developer of computer programs (In fact, it is a good invention, which saves lot of time to carry out the work, but the only problem is that the user scope is not defined properly (i.e.) from my point of view, the computer program shall be used only by the experienced persons who are expert in the stress analysis. For all other users they shall continue doing the stress analysis manually. But the owner of the computer program may not accept this because of the money which depends on the number of users. We cannot blame the owner since they are human who love money.
8. Atleast the final hope should be the client but even there we can find some experienced people only in their “Age” but not in their work (not all – some people). They simply throw their s-h-i-t on their contractors, stating that “all the responsibility shall be taken care by the contractor; we cannot review your documents, give comment on it etc.”

Thankyou,

Let the debate continue...........