Dear ll i need to raise this question.
"What do Lift Off can Cause Most Badly?
i raise this question since now i am working at the project that set and modelling the system as "Linier" system, so therewill be no single direction restraint and gap, but friction is account here.
Yesterday i am in discussed with my collegues, when i see in one calculation that he has done and he is just ignored lift off case.
the pipe w/ pipe shoe is lift off from the beam support of 3.5 mm, and he is just ignored it by saying that it is better like this because if he give a hold down guide then it will cause large force. Yes indeed he is true, the force is becoming so big to handle by the pipe shoe, and also he said also that this lift off is happened in maximum case not operation case, and the distribution load to the support next to it is still can be handle by the next support after all. I closed the discussion there, because i don't want to argue to long with him, but there is something wrong i said to my self, if Lift Off support is fall into secondary load offcourse it will cause a fatigue problem if this condition is continues happened? beside that, so what if the force is become to big to handle by the pipe shoe if we are using hold down guide, then we can add some repad, or if it is still failed we can change it to trunnion, as long as future problem can be afford.
So i think it will be more satisfied to me if you guys that have more experience shed your opinion here about what is the effect of lift off that can cause the most badly in piping system? is it true if it is fatigue? or is it the other effect?
Thanks