The addenda to VIII-1 which came out in mid 2009 changed (more accurately clarified)the role of appendix 1-10. Where it had appeared from a literal reading to require that 1-10 if used be used as a suppliment to UG-37 for large openings, and 1-10 title did say large opening rules, now both UG-36 and the new scope paragraph to 1-10 clearly state that 1-10 is an alternative approach for nozzle designs to UG-37. The term "large opening" has been removed from the title of 1-10, and it is allowed for use on all sizes. The Nozzle menu should allow for each nozzle on a vessel the choice of: a)UG-37 with a1) Appendix 1-7 or a2) 1-9 for large openings, OR b) appendix 1-10. Regretably, the August patch/update failed to catch the change. So until the program catches up, I constructed a MATHCAD sheet for 1-10.

IS there a way to show a nozzle so weight, spacing et al can be considered, but surpress the reinforcement computation, so that I can make a note directing a reader to another calculation without having a calculation package that appears to contain a calculation failure? I can include an anotation, but can I surpress the calculation?