Hi all,

I am trying to grab this opportunity while I believe all the participatant in the subject are already considered experts (special mention to Chuck). Not very often I heard or encounter the expression "it works" and my first reaction is that it did not or is not failing. Overstressing in computer analysis simply mean to me that any such figure is above the code alowable - the magnitude however could have a serious implification to the system or system components actual failure. For example 99.99% passed and 100.1 failed but what is the difference? - very negligible of course. The standard set it at 100% and over means failed. On the above scenario, and I'm referring to Mr. Rayjaguru's item no. 2, when he said a system will work okey does it mean okey because it did not show any failure yet? And so here is my question: since over 100% failure in the analysis does not realistically reflect a pipe's failure (if it really does when?) can we let the analysis go on reds (code required combination of load cases failed maybe 150% or more) if we feel that the probably similar exisitng system has worked for sometimes? Thanks and God Bless this forum - to me the best mentoring I could ever get. More power to all of you.

Ed Lamigo