I am analysing a line which a fairly big model with 150 over nodes and 50 over support.

During anlysis I have to go thro this agony of removing all the non-linearities viz, the friction factor and guide gaps which I had given with so much of care.Normally removing the friction or gap from the first of the "non converged last iteration" nodes listed in the INCORE SOLVER resolves the matter.But in this system of mine it was a literal wild goose chase eek , I ended up removing the friction/gaps of more than 20 restraint points.I would like to know if any body knows to work-around this problem in a more scientific way than me confused . I am sure there must be one bcos the INCORE SOLVER menu ,in general and those input fields like "Normal load Variation", "Sliding angle variation","Sliding Force multiplier" and the button "default values" and terms like "old state close neg " , "new state closed neg sliding err = 0.568" etc must be meaning something to more enlightened souls out there than "the most common use (misuse) of the INCORE SOLVER , to show that ur working hard even when ur not at ur seat laugh " .

S.C.Rao

Tessag Edeleanu Asia Pte Ltd
http://www.edeleanu.com.sg/