Dear Anindya/sam
Thanks for all the preaching, however both of you seem to act otherwise and are too much emotionally involved.
Anyway, the word feel was used to politely raise a point where I seemed to differ from some of the greater minds on the forum. I have no illusions of knowing it all like some people seem to have. Infact I admit my experience in stress analysis is very limited.
Having said that I will stand by what I said as this was in particular reference to cooling water pumps. If I am not wrong the topic was revolving around that point. And as Sam also agrees that pressure is suction lines is negligibly small. Calculations of pressure thrust will be only of academic interest. If you want to see such successful installations go to any fertilizer plant and look around cooling towers. I have not seen any failed foundations due to my designs. In hydrocarbons, who will prefer a bellow even if you have designed the foundation for pressure thrust?
Now some more points.
1. There are a lot of polite ways to correct somebody even if he is technically wrong.The aim of any forum shall be to bring correct technical facts for the benefit of all forum users. Pulling down somebody does not show true professionalism.
2. I don't think a newcomer shall apply something from this or any other forum without consulting his seniors (unless it is from people like John Breen or John Luf and he knows who they are).The final document shall be as decided by the lead engineer of the job as he is the person taking responsibility.
3. In technical discussions individual words/grammar doesn't matter much as long as intent is clear. (Unless it a document being sent to client or you are writing a code)

Regards
This forum is still worth a visit because of people like John Breen and Ed.