Dear pipe_engbangalore,

I think you are an engineer; if so, please don't 'feel', but 'understand by logic'.

Anindya & You, both are right in your own way.

Anindya is right, because it is incorrect to ignore pressure thrust on pump foundation.

You can claim to be right, as this pressure thrust is relatively small in cooling water pump suction piping, as mostly this piping remains in low vacuum below atmosphere pressure & gauge pressure used in pressure thrust expression becomes small & 'not that important' for you.

Your fight reminds me the recent duel between our "Infosys"'s Narayana Murthy and India's Ex. P.M. H.D. Deve Gowda. There, everyone knows who is right & why, but can't tell the no-so-plesant truth in a local democracy without the fear of getting beaten up. I am writing this here, because of the 'bangalore' in your nickname.

Is there any reason for us to quarallel here? When you know that Anindya has said correctly, where is the harm in acceptance ?

I didn't want to hurt you by this comment. But, if you follow a flexible approach instead of rigid one, you will not get stressed up easily, not becoming patient of high BP, which most of us are already due to various reasons.

regards,

sam