Richard,

While I cannot explain the issue with the API610 processor, the reappearing restraint has been an issue for a while. This problem becomes prevalant when trying to troubleshoot overstressed pipe.

When eliminating restraints from an element, we have 2 options: 1) double click the Restraints check box, or 2) manually delete text from the text boxes in the Restraints tab.

The problem occurs when the user attempts to perform operation number 2. While editting the element, all appears as it should be. However, selecting another element and returning to the original element (sometimes) results in parts of the text that was there previously to come back. Sometimes it returns if you focus the attention to another text box; sometimes it only returns when you go to a different element and come back.

Since selecting another element and coming back is an added step that's easy to miss, this mis-entered restraint typically makes it over into the model-checking phase.

Whether the information is actually omitted or not is oftentimes spotty. The rate of encountering the problem makes it unclear what I as the user am doing to cause it (if it is a user workflow issue). Complex restraint setups typically mean it's just a glitch with CAESAR II that I have to live with, rather than try to manually input it myself.