Yes, there is a user interface error in the input of Operating Load in the List Input. This problem will be fixed in the next build for CAESAR II Version 4.30. You mentioned "many boxes", which other input fields are you referring to?

>>>>There are a few others. I'll make note of them as I come across them again and post a follow up. The spring spreadsheet stuck in my mind as it was the most recent.
>>>>>>

When we switched to the Windows interface, we tried to develop a compromise input style that both adhered to the Windows standards yet still closely mimicked the CAESAR II DOS interface. For example, in addition to use of the mouse to navigate fields, we also permit [TAB] and [shift]-[TAB] (Windows standards) as well as [ENTER] and Up- and Down-Arrows (DOS CAESAR II navigation keys). It's true that we didn't migrate the function keys -- we will review the possibility of restoring those in a future release (I believe that yours is the first request that we do so). And yes - we are working toward a new input paradigm which will permit building the model in a totally graphic environment.

>>>>There are a lot of people in the group I work with who used the function keys to move around. One of the strengths of the DOS version, and of many DOS based programs, was that you never had to take your hands off the keyboard. With the Windows version, I find that I have to keep moving off to the mouse to effectively move around and it does greatly slow down coding time. With the spreadsheet input, there's not really a good reason to have it be so mouse dependant.
>>>>

You are right - Up-Arrow doesn't work on the restraint screen; we will have to fix that (it probably has something to do with the fact that there is a drop-list present on that screen; an Up-Arrow on a drop list has a different function - scroll back through the list). Thanks for pointing this out. In the mean time, try using [Ctrl] [Tab] to move to the next field and [Shift] [Ctrl] [Tab] to move to the previous field.

>>>>I'll try that one. Although, the arrow doesn't just not move up in the drop down box, it's the entire window.

All the world is a Spring