Dear all,
Due to different approach and standards I read, many confussion & questions that build in my thoughts. That questions are specific in input of restrained with or without gaps and friction and the effect of friction in CAESAR II.The following approach will be as follows:

1. Standard pipe support dwg. shows a gap of 3mm in the guide and line stopper support, but normally such gaps are not input in the calculation model.As for the guide support, friction is not considered. When the gap more or less than 3mm is needed in analysis, actual gap shall be input in the calculation model. Only when gap for guide support is zero, friction shall be considered.

Questions:
1. Why only gap of more or less than 3mm shall be inputted in the calculation model for guide and line stop?
2. Every time I use Guide restained and without providing gap, does it mean caesar II can acknowledge that it is standard
and assumed that there is 3mm gap?

2. At any line stop and downward (+Y) or upward & downward (±Y) (Y) restrained support (with or without gap) friction shall be considered.

Question:
1. Why friction is considered in line stop and Y restrained with gap while guide with gaps did not?

Please share your idea!

Nald

Edited by Nald (04/13/10 12:25 AM)