Hi Dave and Rick,

I need to confirm my understanding and hope to be corrected on the above subject. In modeling a piping system connected to a nozzle were the nozzle itself is displacing in three direction say -Y,+Z & +X due to thermal expansion. Since I need to start the model at this nozzle, the conecting node should contain D1 and D2 & D3
(D1 for -Y, D2 for +Z and D3 for +X). So that my operating case (W+P1+T1+D1+H, where aplicable) will show three lines, one with D1 and another with D2 and another with D3. I would evaluate D1, D2 and D3 and by the way for one operating temperature only,these displacements dx, dy and dz should all be under vector 1 right? If dy happened to be a displacement at temperature 2, then it should be in dy under vector2. And this is how I was told: no matter dx,dy and dz are in one or two state of temperature, they are going to be evaluated separately in the load cases. So, what I mean is what happened to the model I saw and realize that even they have three displacements in one temperature as shown on connecting node at spreadsheets there were no D2 and D3. I saw that D3 sometimes has a much bigger value than D1 and I thought it is much more important to evaluate it by showing it in the load case combination.