Dear all,
i have several times attend COADE Seminar, and have the Seminar note, and it is an excellent seminar that we all can get valuable lesson about how CAESAR work and how to perform stress analysis with good engineering practice and judgment.
But many of young friend that also attend those seminar that don't get the point, and also many engineer out there that start using CAESAR that need to know how CAESAR work, for example how CAESAR II calculate axial stress or bending stress in Sustained case, and how does it calculate those axial or bending stress in Expansion case.
Well, they know it is a simple beam theory and also a finite element theory there, they know it, but we think it can be more useful if COADE explain the formula about that calculation, just like they do in Quick Gude document that come along with the software, only it is to simple to understand.
So it don't bother me (like the others in this forum do) if young engineer that "Using" CAESAR don't know how to read the output result, and where does those number in output came from.
So, i really hope that there will be a book about the theory and formula behind CAESAR Ouput, well just like there is a book about ANSYS, or just take a look the manual guide from Paulin research Group FE/Pipe, they explain in detail about how the program work and the theory also formula in it.
If we told them to read "Design of Piping System" from Kellogg or "Pipe Stress Engineering" from Peng (which is i have read it too), well they will become more confused.
They need the explanation straight forward from the one who build CAESAR.
me personally, think that CAESAR II application guide, Technical Reference and Mechanical Newsletter is good enough, but still there is something missing, and the point come from the basic formula/theory behind CAESAR II output.
I hope that someone in COADE such as Mr. Richard Ay, Dave Diehl, or Mr. Thomas J Van Laan itself (that i hear is writing a book at this time) will consider about this phenomena and what those young engineer outside there need, because after all, it is they that will continue our work in future as Pipe Stress Engineer, they are the future generation, so help them.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards

LNG