I have 6" pipe coming off a nozzle in the +Y direction for 3 feet and then it turns in to horizontal direction. The nozzle has a displacement in the +Y direction. I have a spring hanger on the horizontal length of pipe at 18 inches away from the bend.

My problem is that when I run my expansion case, the hanger is seeing a positive Y load where i need it to be negative. What i think is happening is that the hanger is being designed by Caesar in the sustained case so when the pipe displaces in the + Y direction, the spring compresses and is actually pushing on the pipe.

Is there a way for Caesar to automatically design the hanger so that it is over supporting in the sustained case, so that when the pipe heats up and displaces it's still supporting the pipe rather than pushing on it?

Right now when i install the hanger, it is making my expansion case worse (larger -Y load on nozzle). I figured i can manually do it by making the cold load larger than what is actually is, so that the hot load is closer to the real cold load.

The equipment is up in the air, so a spring can wouldnt work, but even if i did model it as a spring can, it would be somewhat of the same problem. The spring would decompress in the expansion case and wouldnt support enough of the weight and the nozzle would be overloaded again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.