Dear Sir,

I have three queries regarding nozzles for Horizontal Pressure Vessels.

Please refer the attachment, which is a PVElite 2008 file. I would like to know.

1. For Nozzle UG mentioned in the attachment, the axis of the nozzle should be perpendicular to the axis of the vessel. Even though this looks correct in the model, when we export to Autocad, this nozzle is not shown properly. Could you please check whether the parameters mentioned in the Nozzle UG is correct or not.

2. For Manhole, MH, we would like to use a flange and cover fabricated from Plate having thickness of 12mm. IS there any provision in PVElite to use Flanges and covers fabricated from Plate material. We would not like to use ASME B16.5 Flanges, since they would be heavy, adding extra load to the vessel.

3. My major doubt is in regards to the orientation of nozzle L5. As per the requirement, the axis of nozzle L5 should be parrallel to the base plate / ground. I hope I have explained the orientation correctly. The nozzle L5 is basically for a level gauge. The flange of the level gauge should match with this flange. But this is not coming properly in the model. What could be the reason.

Please help.

Regards,
Abhilash Kurian

Attachments
892-31633.PVI (523 downloads)