Originally Posted By: anindya stress
Ask yourself a question: do you model the pressure thrust load in your system? Pressure forces will generate a longitudinal load of PXA due to end closures or change in directions. In absence of thrust blocks, this loading will be equilibrated only by longitudinal stress.If this thrust loading is not modelled , CAESAR II will only generate loading due to other sources.

CAESAR II will only generate and analyze for those loads which are specified . It will not make any guess about the physics of the problem.

Internal pressure effect is generally taken care of my checking the pipe stresses ( hoop and longitudinal) . The thrust effect is taken into consideration only when specified.Internal pressure also effects in strain, something which is known as Bourdon effect.You can activate/deactivate the same in CAESAR.

In my project, there are several concrete thrust blocks for the pipelines and structure engineer wanted to know how big the forces and moments on those thrust blocks. I did CAESAR II calculation and got forces and moment from restraint report.
From your reply, I understand that the forces and moments I got from CAESAR II weren't taken into consideration of flow direction change, isn't it?