"""re..For example ,The output screen in Autopipe allows an user to see the Displacments, Forces etc by Clicking on the model and moving thro the model using arrow keys on the screen. This I found is very useful.""
I must be getting really old... this feature used to be in the old DOS version. it was OK sometimes but not enormously useful, maybe in Windows it could be enhanced. eg.by pre-selecting what appears. I found all the numbers to be oversaturating, kind of like drinking from a fire hydrant.

Rich and i discussed notes for many years., apparently not an easy programming problem. Personally I think its essential and think it would be an enormous enhancement. I wonder why 3M"post it" notes software couldnt be added to the package", it must be a cheap rental by now an would be a quickie solution. Obviously something
custom written would be better, but something is better than nothing.

I agree that the GUI is pretty good now but some of the proposals herein are excellent. However re
"cattle prod supports to be located on piping arrangements at practicable locations"
location is dependant on where the steel is
(except for grade level) so this could be a largely useless whistle".. a prompt wouldnt hurt like the Wthick warning. (see also the next para)

For those who dont know some years ago COADE and STAAD almost came together. For the users and "merged models" this would have been great. I'm sure the concept is still on the burner, its the way to go. (maybe via CADWORX)

however I definitely agree that the rest of the input methods in the other programs leave a LOT to be desired , the few glitzy easy begining steps dont compensate for the later headaches.

cheers
al