I am working on a piping system which can be divided into 3 different segments based on the fuctional aspects. Like, first there are 4 Manifold, second there are 4 interconnect pipe lines which connects 4manifold to one more system of pipe lines. In this third system, from one 6" line 4 branches are are taken and connected to the interconnect piping via control valves.

My question is , which approach would be better. Should I model everything in Single CAESAR file means all 4 circular manifolds , 4 interconnect pipes and the main supply system. Or it is better to model things seprately like 4 manidfolds in 4 individual CAESAR files , 4 interconnect pipe in other 4 files and the supply system piplines in 1 caesar file and run the analysis seprately.

If I take 2nd approach then what restraints should i put at the connecting points e.g. If one manifold is modelled seprately then at the point where it connects to interconnect pipe should I put restraint as ANCHOR and then use to resulting FORCES and MOMENTS value of the Manifold results as the Input when I run respective interconnect piping analysis. Does this sound meaningful to you? Or is there any other approach for this?

Please suggest.