Caesar Forum Members,

I am pretty much confused with the above discussion, i dont find any ideal solution in the above discussed "Thermal Stress Range" topic. Some of our member says, we can find the thermal expansion stress range between "Design temp (T1) (Maximum temperature) and Mean ambient temp (T2) (Minimum temperature)" and some of them says it is the diff between "Design temp (T1) (Maximum temperature) and Minimum ambient temp (T3) (Minimum temperature). From my point of view, we use the latter one i.e (T1-T3) as per ASME B31.3.

Normally, for medium and high temperature service, the thermal stress range for the latter one i.e (T1-T3) will be more than the earlier said option (T1-T2). If there is that much controversy between many companies of the world, then definitely some companies are doing some errors in their Stress Analysis. Also our friend Mr. Rajinder Singh asked us to refer the Coade newsletter - july 03, from that, my understanding is to use (T1-T2), i just want Mr. Rajinder Singh to confirm whether my understanding was rignt or wrong.

I request the experienced members to give the perfect solution regarding the thermal stress range. So that in future these kind of errors/confusion shall be eliminated.