Moverz,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I have considered all the criterias as you said.

I have one problem here. the bending moments on the manifold nozzle (4", 900#)are nearly 4 times than that of allowable (say, allowble is 1.8 KNm and actual is 7.9 KNm). still in this case, the stresses, displacements and the terminal forces all are well within limit. Even the torsional moments are ok. but only the bending moments are high.
In my design, there is no moment acting at well head nozzle. the moments are zero at well head. but it acts more on manifold side.
(Please find the attachment for your reference)
I tried with possible routing change and support location change. But it had very little effect on bending moments. i tried to find any write up in our forums regarding this issue. how to reduce terminal moments... but i could not find one.
My doubt here is , considering all other criterias, can i allow this high bending moment? will it affect the nozzle after few cycles?

could you please refer me any material or previous forums on nozzle moments & loads? Thanks in advance moverz.

And i will appreciate very much if anyone else also takes interest and share your point of view and experience in this. i thank you all in advance.

Attachments
418-001.tif (1760 downloads)

Edited by shan (09/02/08 05:34 AM)