1. Personally I’ve found the Coade’s flange calculator as working accurate.
2. If one has doubts about, he may use the method described in 2007 ASME VIII Div2.
3. Even I’m not "so" young and I have a deep respect for Kellogg work, I don’t understand completely the attraction of the Peq methods. A consistent progress in this field has been made after the Kellogg work.
4. In this weekend I’ve tried to re-write in terms of Peq the relations given by ASME VIII Div2. It is not an academic debate; it’s just a "positive" manipulation of the relations.
5. I don’t think is a progress doing this. It’s just to help others to understand more about a quite modern approach. A good question is WHY one needs to calculate a more accurate pressure equivalent, instead to calculate directly by using Coade calculator or ASME VIII Div2.
6. This is my "homework" for people than still think the PEQ method is the ultimate truth. As I said, I don’t think so.
7. Being my homework I can consider as original (but as I said, no so valuable comparing to the alternative methods). May be true or not, anyway is not a plagiaristic work. Please consider my ignorance about other papers having the same subject. May be a better paper on this subject, please give me a reference to use in the future.
8. I don’t exclude it may be a wrong typing, since I’ve allocated a limited "personal-time" budget. If is the case (and I hope no)please consider my apologies.

Attachments
357-PressureEquivalentMethod_2007ASMESectionVIIIDivision2.pdf (3661 downloads)