Dear Sameer,

Thanks for the input.

The problem is not with the pipe stress. The problem is with the definition of OBE and SSE Level on equipment loadings. Till now I could not find any specific paragraph in ASME SEC III saying what should be the criteria of equipment loading ( say on pumps) in OBE level.OBE level as I understand is service level B ( upset) and SSE service level D( faulted) and in faulted condition, ( this is what I understand from APPENDIX F and Appendix N and companion guide to ASME B&PV code vil 1 and 2)only the equipments pertaining to safety need be operational and there should not be any pressure boundary violation but other equipments may not remain operational. However when it is OBE should the loading on pump be such that there may be requirement for repair but the pump will stay operational( after repair)?

I could not find anything in SEC III ( or NFPA 59,although my project is neither nuclear nor LNG) which specifically says what should be the intent of OBE and SSE level loading on pumps.Can you or anybody throw some light on it?