Hello all,

Please excuse my slight "highjacking" of this thread but I think in reference to discussion boards in general I would like to share some information regarding a policy that some board moderators have adopted. I will quote:

"We're sorry to have to do this but due to Yahoo.com's insistent policy of refusing to deliver emails sent from the Board, we have no choice but to ban all users who have registered using yahoo.com email addresses.

For months, Yahoo has been bouncing email notifications of watched topics, PM notices, activation notices. new registration notices etc.

Every day we get hundreds of these bounces. Attempts at resolving the problem with Yahoo by both myself and our ISP have proven fruitless.

We have no other choice but to ban all users and new registrations from Yahoo mail accounts effective March 1.

Due to excessive spammer registrations we have also banned all new registrations made with Gmail email accounts. Users already registered with Gmail accounts are not affected.

If you are currently registered with a Yahoo.com email address and wish to continue using the Board after March 1, it will be necessary for you to change your email address in your Profile or register a new account with a different email provider.

You must be logged in, go to your Profile, change the email address in the email box and be sure you click the Submit button at the bottom. Your account will require re-activation which may take several hours.

You should also avoid Hotmail, they are headed in the same direction."

This is provided for your information and I suspect it will become the policy for many discussion boards.

Edited by John Breen (04/14/08 01:46 PM)