Nozzle Twister,

Thanks for your comments, I have been out of office for a while.

Unfortunately I wasn't made aware of any 'Code of Record' set out for the project. I am well aware that this type of information should be available from the start through execution plans etc. Since posting this topic I this deficiency in the project has been highlighted by others.

I have been on some jobs where a 'Pipe Stress Criteria' has been established by the Lead Stress Engineer, but this project was conducted through a conttract term services agreement with a nearby process plant so the details regarding load cases and other particulars specific to the plant were already established through a joint venture procedure.

Either way there should have been some form of communication through the project so I could understand what technical commitments have been made with the client in the contract.

I wouldn't have switched to the latest code half way through the project, but this wasn't relevent to my question.

Thanks for your response.

I am still by comparison to many very new to this job so appreciate any advice I can get.