in reply to the OP,

(excluding very hot pipework)

Horses for courses but i have been known to disagree here.

I think the removal of springs close to pumps is within reason a good idea.
Springs are primeval devices at the best of times and the less used the better. the variance of springs will in most cases negate the analysist origial intention of removing overstresses from the pump. (IMHO)

(In my opinion)Most pump codes are designed so that the pump nozzle is capable of bending an elbow one size bigger than the the nozzle and hence with these configurations, solutions are possible.

I normally place a support nearest the first elbow, so as to eliminate bending moments on the pump, i study the effects of heat transfer in the supports and the baseplates and things (usually work out) without the use of springs.

I feel its much better to let the pipework and support design deal with the nozzle forces, rather than stick in gizmos and gadgets.

Dont forget also that during alignment, both the pumps and the supports can be trimmed to suit.

WRT numbers, only a fool will massage the results to suit, your best accepting what you see and adjusting your design to suit. fidling with caesar will lead down a dark alley, after all pump calcs are about prolonging the life of the pump and are not in the majority, about stress.

Non API pumps can be a swine to pass though......